How does this equipment? Can we protect against hackers or interference?
The different types of surveillance cameras
We consider two types:
These equipments are connected by a cable to a TV / monitor that displays images. They transmit continuous streams of data or records to a storage system called DVR.
These devices allow a connection to a computer network connected to the internet via Ethernet cable or WiFi (wireless). The filmed images can be saved and accessed directly on a terminal (PC or Smartphone) via the Internet.
To install, you must:
- Connect the surveillance camera to the router (internet box) with a cable according to Percomputer;
- Find and assign the IP address of the camera using the password provided on the equipment;
- Attach the camera.
- Wait synchronizing the Internet box with the CCTV camera. Once this is done, the image stream is available online through a web page (password protected).
IPhone and iPad, you can opt for the application IP Cam Viewer Lite IP Cam Viewer Pro or compatible with HD and VGA cameras. There are other applications on the Apple Store.
There are two kinds:
- Simple: the camera films and transmits live images to the server that records and stores;
- Autonomous: the image processing is performed by the device can trigger only the alarm in case of problems.
Can we hack your surveillance camera?
It happens that accesses images filmed by a surveillance camera via web links. Hackers or technically gifted burglars are able to hack your protection system to access records or to scramble the order to operate quietly in your home, business or field.
To avoid these faults:
- Continually update your software, by regularly changing the password.Inquire about the data encryption systems that equip automatic IP surveillance cameras;
- Opt for less webcam systems, too exposed to the canvas.Hackers often managed to connect to webcams, even extinct.
- Choose wired rather than wireless technologies to guard the wave interference and other malicious actions.
- Position your camera in places difficult to access for they are not tampered with or destroyed.