Is that bad to me – is this normal?
If you are bad in the first weeks of pregnancy, it is like very many pregnant women who feel bad in the first months of pregnancy rather than to bloom . How bad is the pregnancy nausea, is very customizable. It may be that after waking up is just plain dull in the stomach you or that a certain smell during the day turns around the stomach you or that you over days and weeks away from morning till evening speiübel is.
Pregnancy nausea can affect you in many areas. It may be that you no longer as so far to continue you can your life, because you can no longer work, meet up with girlfriends or take care of your children. Ask your family for help – when cooking, child care and household duties. Allow sick to your doctor or health care professional if you are no longer able to work.
Maybe they told not many people about the pregnancy and “to pretend as if nothing happened” is doubly difficult with persistent nausea. So, it may be that you must tell more people about the joyful event than at the moment like you.
When should I go to the doctor?
You should as soon as possible speak with your Gynecologist / your gynecologist and – if you have already one – also with your midwife. The longer you wait, the more difficult the treatment is . You go to the doctor / to the doctor if the symptoms affect your life. It may be that your doctor will only be active if you vomit violently, because this can lead to serious pregnancy complications.
Many doctors consider a simple problem pregnancy nausea . But recent research shows that the impact of the disease on the lives of women are sometimes underestimated. Studies have shown that women feel the constant nausea worse than vomiting, because they feel relieved at least in the short term by the latter.
If you need to vomit several times a day, eat, drink or can keep with him and lose weight, then you should visit your doctor. There is a risk that you get dehydrated (= dry out) and your body is supplied with not sufficient nutrients . Early treatment can prevent worse diseases and a briefing at the hospital due to Hyperemesis Gravidarum (extreme Schwangerschaftserbrechen) .
How can I help myself?
Undoubtedly already avoid any food at the sight and smell of the stomach turns around you. To further minimize the nausea – all to turn in the best case, you can try the following from oxfordastronomy.com:
- Eat little but often. An empty stomach can be more easily bad you. Maintain blood sugar levels by tasteless food with firm consistency.
- Create simple snacks such as rusks, dry biscuits and crispbread on your bedside table. Take the time to eat in the morning after waking up and remain there 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- Eat only things that you enjoy and get, for a time but avoid greasy, spicy, sour, or deep-fried dishes – and eat low-fat at all. Choose foods with high carbohydrate content, high in protein and rich in vitamin B, such as, for example, yogurt. But all you can, keep the stomach even if there are only hard biscuits, is in order.
- Keep getting a snack. Try throughout the day to eat small amounts of simple foods , like dry biscuits, yoghurt (contains much vitamin B, what can help prevent nausea) or anything else that you like to eat at the moment.
Drinking is important!
- It is important, that you always drink. If doesn’t drink during meals, try it in the meantime. If you can take any fluid, you suck ice cubes.
- Smell of lemon. The smell of a cut lemon might help you is bad. Drink lemon with a slice of cold tea or mineral water.
- Drink ginger ale or ginger tea or take ginger tablets. Ginger is known to work reassuring on the stomach and nausea to help. You should use this medium but only in moderation and with caution — it doesn’t help everyone.
What else can help
- Keep a diary in which you hold when it’s you better or worse. There is often a pattern that allows you easily to eat at a certain time of day and to drink.
- Her / e doctor could prescribe you vitamin B6 or a multivitamin the anti-nausea. If you have already taken a vitamin complex in the time before conception, it can skip mild pregnancy nausea. But necessarily clarify this with your doctor before you take a vitamin.
- Take time to relax, if necessary can be sick at work. Stress and fatigue can worsen nausea.
- Because iron the digestive system influence can, you should take iron supplements only if a blood test proved that you suffer from iron deficiency . And even then it can be useful to try various preparations, because some people get you maybe better than others.
- Apply acupressure bands around your wrist. These small bands have been developed against seasickness, but they have helped some pregnant women against morning sickness. Create your band so on that press the small plastic buttons against the acupressure points on your wrist. There are the tapes for example in drugstores or pharmacies.
- Alternative therapies such as aromatherapy (with citrus oils) or homeopathy can consult helpful but let by a qualified therapist with experience in the treatment of pregnant women.
- Talk with someone who understands your feelings and your situation. For example with other pregnant women in our community.
What drugs are there?
For most women, drugs are the last choice, if everything else has failed. Many pregnant women would take most certainly no drugs and this is understandable, because there is always the doubt whether it can hurt not the baby.
But there are safe and effective pregnancy nausea remedy, which you can try in addition to above mentioned proposals. Usually between pregnancy week stop taking the medications may 12 and 14, when the nausea.
If you have never heard that there are such medicines, that has historical reasons. In the 1950s and 60s the remedy was prescribed Thalidomide pregnant women, which caused severe birth defects in children, this sad incident is now known as the Contergan scandal. After this tragedy, doctors have been very careful in the prescribing of drugs and the pharmaceutical industry held back from strong new products for pregnant women. For this reason, there is no drug yet on the German market, which is specifically approved for pregnancy.
A positive effect of the Contergan scandal was that drugs used for pregnant women in question, are now very rigorously tested. The problem, however, is that they do not knowingly want to suspending pregnant women substances, that could possibly harm the baby. Therefore, most experiences based on animal testing or feedback from women who have taken a drug without the knowledge of a pregnancy in the first few weeks.
Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and antihistamines can be a lifesaver during pregnancy nausea and both have a very calming back registration rate. You should still take these medicines only after consultation with your doctor or your gynecologist.
When an allergy, the body releases a neurotransmitter called histamine. An antihistamine is a chemical substance that blocks this histamine. There is clear evidence that the antihistamine can relieve also nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. However, antihistamines make tired, therefore they should be better in the evening.
This is Dimenhydranit the most common means of prescribed in Germany, which is considered to be well tolerated (Vomex A supp) in the form of suppositories. The drug diphenhydramine (brand name: Emesan, Sedopretten) is not recommended for pregnant women.
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
Women with severe pregnancy nausea are often low vitamin B levels. Research has shown that this vitamin against the nausea can help.
Although to get it without a prescription, you should ask your Gynecologist / your doctor for advice, take a multivitamin beovr you. The recommended dose of vitamin B6 for the treatment of Hyperemesis is 3 x 10 mg pyridoxine daily. The product is available under the name Nausema in the trade and contain more vitamin B12 and B1. The daily dose can be increased also in the Repective, this should be done only after consultation with your gynecologist.
Warning: Many of the non-prescription VitaminB6 Päparate contain a significantly higher dose of 10 mg per tablet. These drugs are not suitable for the treatment of Hyperemesis, since their effect and safety in pregnancy was not sufficiently explored.
Antihistamine and vitamin B in combination
Some studies have shown that a combination of antihistamines and vitamin B is more effective than each taken. Although there is no drug that combines both, you can take both as separate products at the same time.
Applies also here: leave the fingers of self-medication, and ask your doctor / health care professional about appropriate means and the dose. Never exceed the amount recommended by the doctor.
Phenothiazines and related medicines
If you frequently need to pass, then can the doctor / doctor Promethazin or metoclopramide (brand name: meclizine, MCP-ratiopharm) prescribe, if the antihistamines if you show no effect. These medications help to all cases, but the safety is not sure. Side effects are possible for you as a pregnant woman.
These medicines (such as dexamethasone) can be prescribed after 12 weeks of pregnancy, as a last resort for women who suffer from Hyperemesis (extreme Schwangerschaftserbrechen), and where no other treatment helps.
A Love Letter to Zofran, My Pregnancy Anti-Nausea Medication
Elevit Morning Sickness Relief
Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
Life With A Zofran Pump During Pregnancy
Pregnant Women’s Health: Dangerous Drugs and Medical Devices
What Does Morning Sickness Feel Like?
How to Deal with Vomiting During Pregnancy
When Do You Start Getting Morning Sickness During Pregnancy?
Unpublished info questions pregnancy anti-nausea drug …
Morning sickness may protect baby in your womb
15 Ways To Determine An Unborn Baby’s Gender Before A …
Morning sickness lessens threat of miscarriage in women: Study
Birth Defect Risk with Anti-nausea Medication Zofran
Medications to Avoid During Pregnancy
Pregnancy Nausea: When Does it Start and How to Ease It?
Nausea during Early Pregnancy
Study says no proven pregnancy morning sickness treatments
Sea-Band Mama Provides Sickness Relief for Moms-to-be
Causes And Cures Of Morning Sickness In Pregnancy
JWoww is on anti-sickness medication to control pregnancy …